AZ GALLERY is looking for Artists to participate in their Holiday Gift Show.
11.24.16 thru 01.08.17
The show will feature a curated collection of gift-oriented items produced by local artists and artisans. The gallery will expand its usual art offerings to include home and bath/beauty products, fiber/knitted/sewn items, toys and children’s clothing, pottery, jewelry, accessories, glass, cards, ornaments, and smaller functional art. Patrons can expect to find a wide selection of affordably priced gifts, with the majority ranging between $10-$75.
A special feature will be our ornament wall: a full gallery wall of one-of-a-kind ornaments by member and guest artists, ranging in style from subdued and traditional to edgy and modern.
The Holiday Gift Show provides a unique shopping opportunity in the historic Lowertown neighborhood and has been an annual event since 2012.
Location: Established in 1997, the AZ Gallery is a cooperative of local artists. AZ Gallery is located at 308 Prince Street in the historic Northern Warehouse building in the heart of Lowertown Saint Paul.
Eligibility: Any local artist is eligible to apply. We’re looking for most of the items listed above. We are especially looking for unique ornaments to feature on our ornament wall! Generally speaking, we are not looking for 2D wall art, matted prints, drawing, or photography at this time.
Entry Fee: N/A
Commission Fee: 40% on all sales
· We are offering space for commission on sales (see above). Size and placement of your space is at the discretion of the Gallery. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
· A limited amount of platform space will be available, please inquire if interested. Most artists will be asked to provide a table/freestanding display, roughly no larger than 6ft x 6ft. Ornaments may be hung on the group Ornament Wall.
· All items must be for sale and your display must remain at the gallery throughout the duration of the show.
· AZ Gallery members will staff the Holiday Gift Show during all hours of operation. We will process sales and send you a check during the month of January 2017. We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards.
· You do not need to be present at the gallery but we encourage you to stop by as your schedule permits to interact with our customers and present your products to them. We highly encourage you to attend our Small Business Saturday Shopping Event/Reception, which will be held Saturday, November 25, 2016 from 9am – 6pm.
· Artists must submit photos for consideration.
· We will provide publicity, electronic versions of exhibition invitations and mailings for artists to distribute, and will hold an opening event/reception.
· We do not provide insurance coverage for work on display.
· Applications are due by Sunday Nov 6, 2016 at 12:00 Noon.
· Please fill out on-line form below and hit "submit" for entry.
· Images: we will want to see a representation of your work. Please either provide your website or submit via separate e-mail to email@example.com
· Entries are due by Sunday Nov 6, 2016 at 12:00 Noon.
· Selected artists will be notified by Sunday, November 13, 2016
· Drop off dates are Sunday, November 20, 2016 from Noon-3pm, and Monday, November 21, 2016 and Tuesday, November 22, 2016 by appointment.
· Work MUST be complete and ready for display at the time of submission and accompanied with a spreadsheet listing the artist’s name, title, medium and price. All work must be priced with Artists name on price tag.
· A signed AZ artist’s agreement must accompany each submission. A copy of the artist’s agreement will be sent to each accepted Artist.
· The show will run from November 24, 2016 through January 8, 2017 during regular business hours for AZ Gallery: Thur & Fri 5-8pm, Sat & Sun 9am-3pm.
· A Shopping Event/Artist Meet & Greet will be held from 9am to 6pm on Saturday, Nov 25, 2016 for Small Business Saturday.
· To coincide with events held nearby for Lowertown First Fridays, we’ll have another reception for the Gift Show and AZ Gift Shop artists on Friday, December 2, 2016 from 5-9pm.
· Pick up will be Sunday, January 8, 2017 from 2pm-6pm.
Any questions can be directed to Beth Stoneberg and/or DC Ice at firstname.lastname@example.org